- JOAQUIN ORELLANA CASTANEDA, and GERMAN HERNANDEZ ARGUETA v. COUNTY of SUFFOLK, and SUFFOLK COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE; et al.
Immigrants’ rights case challenging Suffolk County’s Sheriff’s department on unconstitutional detainer practices, a key component of the federal administration’s attempts to dismantle basic constitutional rights.
- EDUARDO VALENCIA & ALEJANDRO RAMIREZ on behalf of themselves and all others similarly situated v. IDEAL SNACKS
Worker’s rights class action suit defending more than 200 immigrant workers summarily discharged without advance written notice in violation of the federal Worker Adjustment and Retraining (WARN) Act.
Voting rights suit on behalf of voters who were unlawfully purged from the voter rolls in NYC on the eve of the 2016 national election led to a court order requiring NYC poll workers to provide affidavit ballots to any individual who believed they had been registered to vote but whose name did not appear on the registration rolls.
- Civil rights suit involving 20 Latinx immigrant plaintiffs who were systematically racially profiled, stopped and robbed by uniformed Suffolk County police for more than a decade.
- TAE H. KIM, YOUNG M. CHOI, YONG H. JIN, DONG M. JOO, HONG S. KIM, CHUL G. PARK, EUTEMIO MORALES, R. JULIAN VENTURA, & EDUARDO AGUILAR v. KUM GANG INC., JI SUNG YOO a/k/a JISUNG YOO, YI YONG YOO a/k/a YIYONG YOO, KYUNG RAE YOO, CHUNSIK YOO, and MYUNGJA LEE
Worker’s rights case defending the rights of immigrant restaurant workers who had been subjected to wage theft and retaliation by their employer.
- CENTRO DE LA COMMUNIDAD HISPANA DE LOCUST VALLEY; and THE WORKPLACE PROJECT v. TOWN OF OYSTER BAY; JOHN VENDITTO, TOWN SUPERVISOR.
Immigrants’ rights case challenging anti-immigrant ordinances designed to target Latinx day laborers’ right to congregate in a public thoroughfare for work.
- ROXANA ORELLANA SANTOS v. FREDERICK COUNTY BOARD OF COMMISSIONERS, FREDERICK COUNTY SHERIFF CHARLES JENKINS, et. alImmigrants’ rights case defending an undocumented Latina immigrant worker who was racially profiled while eating lunch in a public area then arrested, transferred to ICE custody, detained and kept from her child for 46 days.