Date Updated: July 17, 2023.
1. Information We Collect.
We may collect personal information from you when you submit it to the Site or donate to LatinoJustice. The following list includes the most common ways that you may provide your personal information to us:
- Automatically Collected Data. We automatically collect and store IP addresses and domain names of visitors’ computers. We also track the number, frequency, and length of visits to each page. If you visit our website from another website, we may also identify that source link. Automatically collected data is used to determine which sections of our website are the most visited and by whom, in order to make our website a more useful resource.
- Registration. We do not ask that you register or enter any personal information to access or use most areas of the Site. However, you may choose to subscribe to certain newsletters distributed by LatinoJustice or to join our mailing list, which may require you to enter certain personal information. If you have any questions about modifying or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at [email protected].
- Donations and Gifts; Secure Transactions. In order to make a donation or other gift, you will be required to provide personal information about yourself. When you donate via the Site, your donation is processed via Donor Perfect, and LatinoJustice does not have access to your credit card data. Other donation information (i.e., your name, address, donation amount) is transmitted to LatinoJustice via a secure connection.
- Communications between you and LatinoJustice. As described in this Policy, you may contact LatinoJustice or subscribe to newsletters and other mailings, and LatinoJustice may respond to your inquiries or request for mailings. Additionally, when you provide us with your email address and mailing address, we may contact you to ask you to support LatinoJustice. You can choose not to receive such requests by emailing [email protected]. If you have opted to receive any of our publications by email, you are able at any time to unsubscribe from that publication by clicking the “unsubscribe” link that appears in the email publication itself.
2. Other Information We Collect.
- We track open rates, click-throughs and the IP address of the Site users to measure the effectiveness of our campaigns and discourage fraudulent uses. We may employ web beacons to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the operations of the Site.
- Analytics. LatinoJustice has implemented Google Analytics to better understand our website visitors and to help refine our online ad campaign strategies. You can opt-out of Google Analytics by modifying your Ads Settings or by downloading this browser extension. For more information on how Google Analytics may use your data, you may review its policy located at this link.
- If you do not want us to collect information about your geographic location, you should disable the technology that transmits this information.
3. Use/Sharing of Your Information.
LatinoJustice may disclose certain personal information to third parties, (i) to manage our website and database with the help of service providers (who are obligated to maintain the confidentiality of any provided personal information), (ii) as part of our normal business operations, (iii) to send you communications about your interactions with us or about features of the Site, or (iv) as required by law or requested by governmental or law enforcement authorities, subpoena, court order or discovery request, or when we otherwise believe in good faith that such disclosure is appropriate in connection with any activity that may violate the law or the rights of others, threaten the safety or security of any person or property (including the Site) or expose us to liability.
LatinoJustice does not share or sell donor data with any other entities or organizations.
4. Other Websites.
This Policy applies only to the Site. If you visit any unaffiliated website linked to the Site (for example, Twitter, Facebook or other social media sites), you are subject to that entity’s own privacy policies, which we do not control or monitor. You should review the privacy policies of all third-party websites before you visit them. LatinoJustice has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this Site and it makes no representations or warranties as to the privacy practices, functioning or content of any sites linked to this Site.
5. International Use.
6. Children’s Privacy.
The Site is not targeted toward, and we do not seek or desire to collect information from, children under the age of 13. Therefore, we will not knowingly request information from persons under such age. If we become aware that we have collected any personal information from children under 13, we will promptly use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information. If you believe that we might have personal information of a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
7. Notice Procedures.
8. Governing Law.
You agree that this Policy and your use of this Site shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of New York. Any dispute relating to this Policy and your use of this Site shall be resolved solely in the state or federal courts located in the State and County of New York.