A program of the CAP LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE sponsored by Nixon Peabody LLP.
In June of 2005, LatinoJustice PRLDEF launched a new initiative called LAWbound®, a project whose aim was to increase the number of Latinos who successfully stay on the path to law school.
With the support of the Office of Diversity Initiatives of the Law School Admission Council, LAWbound® builds upon our current pre-law programming and identifies Latino students early in their college career. The program provides targeted services that address some of the most common barriers to admission to law school, and helps students effectively navigate the law school admissions process, and, in turn, underwrite their own success.
Our goal is simple. To increase the number of Latinos who go to law school.
The LAWbound® program plan includes:
- Outreach, recruitment and college activities
- The Luis J. DeGraffe LAWbound® Summer/Winter Academy
- Mentoring and networking
- Wrap-around programming that improves access from law school to bar admission.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Demonstrate a strong interest in pursuing a legal education.
- Be of Hispanic heritage and currently enrolled as a college freshman or sophomore during initial application to the program.
- Demonstrate strong academic potential with a minimum overall B average or better and permit LatinoJustice PRLDEF access to your academic record.
Applicants for the winter class must be able to attend our new winter academy, which takes place the second week of January.
- Summer 2021 Program: August 2-6, 2021 – Deadline, Monday, July 14, 2021
- Winter 2022 Program: January 10-14, 2022 – Deadline, Monday, December 13th, 2021
Apply for our Winter 2022 program: https://bit.ly/2022WinterLAWbound
Contact [email protected] for more information.