A program of the CAP LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE sponsored by Nixon Peabody LLP
Developing the leadership potential of our youth has been a core mission for LatinoJustice PRLDEF since its origins five decades ago. Our Next Generation Líderes program matches high school students, undergraduates and recent grads interested in legal training and careers with practicing attorneys for one-on-one mentoring.
In addition, the year-long program offers monthly group events to share with students information on law school, resources and opportunities in the legal field, and to build networks that will serve them in years to come.
NGL applications are closed for 2023.
Eligibility for mentees
- You must be a junior or senior in high school, enrolled in an undergraduate program, or a recent graduate, with an interest in a career in law
- You must submit a letter of interest and a letter of recommendation from a teacher or other appropriate educational staff from your educational institution
If selected to advance to the second phase, applicants must submit an essay describing academic and/or career goals, a resume including activities, volunteering and employment, and a parental consent form for applicants under 18 years old.
To get updates on the next NGL cycle, contact [email protected]
Requirements for mentors
Legal professionals who would like to be mentors must:
- Participate in a mentor training session
- Submit a resume, and agree to a background check
- Commit to participate in group activities with mentees
- Commit to at least one hour of in-person mentoring each month of the program
If you have questions, or want to receive updates on our NGL program, please email [email protected].